Wigs for Women Suffering From Thinning Hair
Thinning hair is just as common for women as it is for men. Even though most people think of men losing their hair, many women experience it, as well, especially as they get older.
There are lots of reasons that women can experience hair thinning and loss. Some hair loss may be temporary, but some may be permanent. Some causes of hair thinning include:
- The environment: Your head and scalp are constantly exposed to toxins in the air and in your physical environment. These materials can have an impact on your hair follicles, even resulting in hair loss. If you are in an area with higher levels of environmental pollutants, you may be more likely to experience this type of hair thinning.
- Medications: Some medications can impact hair growth and lead to thinning or loss. This happens most commonly with medications that act on the hormones, such as birth control pills or thyroid disease medications. Hair loss will be listed as a possible side effect. Some medications that can lead to hair loss include heart and blood pressure medications, vitamin A (in high doses), antidepressants, treatments for gout, arthritis medication, and treatments for acne.
- Stress/Trauma: Though it is sometimes thought of as a joke, stress or trauma can lead to hair loss. While low levels of stress are common and can usually be coped with, high stress, ongoing stress, or serious trauma can have serious negative effects on the body, including hair loss. Sometimes this hair loss can be reversed by addressing the cause of the stress or trauma, but it can still be difficult to deal with at the time.
- Health conditions: Some health conditions can contribute to hair thinning or loss, regardless of treatments for them. Some of these conditions include thyroid abnormalities, anemia, or low blood count. Sometimes, treating the health condition can result in stopping the hair loss. However, for some people, the hair loss is permanent, even if the condition is treated.
- Genetics: It’s well-known that genetics play a big role in what happens to people in life, and this is true of hair loss, as well. In fact, heredity is the most common cause of hair loss. This type of hair loss typically begins in the 20s and 30s, but women experience these changes more noticeably after menopause.
Thinning hair and hair loss can be a frustrating experience. It may make you feel less confident or like you’re not yourself. Fortunately, Gabi’s Wigs can help. Whether you have thinning hair or complete hair loss, we are here to assist you in finding the most natural-looking, comfortable wigs for hair loss available.
Our high-quality, expertly-designed wigs will help you feel and look beautiful, restoring your confidence and keeping up with whatever you need to do. Whether you want a wig to match your signature look or you’re ready to try a bold, new style, we can help you find your solution. We have a wide range of options including natural hair wigs and wigs that blend natural and synthetic hair, also known as Synthetic Blend wigs.
We have years of experience that give us insight into measuring, selecting, and styling wigs for ladies with thinning hair. We will gladly walk you through every step of the process so that your wigs are comfortable and look as natural as possible. Our goal is your happiness, and we will work closely with you to make that happen.
You don’t have to simply accept hair loss as part of being a woman. Instead, the high-quality wigs for women with thinning hair at Gabi’s Wigs can help you restore your confidence and show everyone who you really are.
Please contact us today for a free consultation. We are ready to help you find the perfect solution to your hair loss.